Sunday 3 October 2010

pary

uh ok, so spent lots of time in barcelona with the kids. drama ensued, rough stuff. belle and sebastian played a free show outside the old beer factory which was alright yeah and i dropped my phone 5 floors onto concrete and rescued it, but some crabby old women stole my lighter.

i decided to go to paris for some reason i cant remember. paris is fucked. i trained there, which really made me miss hitchhiking for how bleak and lonely it was, messed up there. once i got to gare de lyon ... the station, i realised i hadnt booked any accomodation. im beginning to feel more and more like ignatius from a confederacy of dunces. caught a train somewhere attractive which turned out to be a tourist clusterfuck and some drunk australians offered to let me sleep on their hostel floor, so i kinda had to put up with a girl my age saying "orlando bloom goes to perth just for the girls, i swear they're all babes". the hostel was like school camp on the same steriods that made macdonalds big although i got heaps of free breakfast out of it.

got a couchsurfer who seemed nice, she was from lebanon and studies film, although it took her hours to ask me a single question. she doesnt seem phased by much.

walked down a street in the innerish city (i dont know how to describe it, paris is so big its stupid, everywhere seems like the innerish city) and got accosted by 4 seperate black guys asking if i want my dreads tidied up, i showed them how content i was by spreading my arms, one of them thought i was initiating a hug so he hugged back. 5 minutes later at the station there was this african guy who waited at the entrance just embracing every african he sees with ridiculous handshakes, that was nice for me. metro tickets are 1 euro 70 which is too much to pay for every time you wanna use it so ive taken to going in the exits and jumping the barriers. its kinda landed me two injuries so far, one time it slammed shut on my head and i was dizzy for the rest of the day and collapsed in the underpass with a bunch of people helping me up. oh and i got a 50 euro fine which they made me pay on the spot with their little porta-card machine.

went to "white night" which is meant to be a night where all gallerys open late and a sort of city wide art festival, most of it was kinda balls but thierry iforgettherestofyrname lit up the whole inside of notre dayum pretty sweet. kinda made me get all introspective on my views on what seems to be purely self indulgent art which im still pretty undecided on bla bla bla aldfbjasdfls.

ok so yeah, on the way back to the couchsurfers some dude started chatting to me, seemed nice, really persistent on giving me his number so i took it then we parted ways. he ran up after me to say something else and then grabbed me and threatened me with a scooter helmet screaming for money, it was pretty funny, i mean a guy about my age and smaller and seeming really unsure of himself. heaps of people walked by and i was just trying to chat to him. turns out our previous conversation was the limit of his english, and i was feeling strangely confident maybe due to the head injury so i tripped him up and sort of walked away quickly. poor dude, the guy who pickpocketed me in berlin was so much cooler, i mean he danced with me and gained proper repore, then stole from me swiftly and skillfully. this dude had no clue what he was doing and didnt even seem sure he wanted to be mugging me.

anyway i got 2 hours sleep that night and got up at 6:30am to catch a train out to berlin, turns out there all booked till 8:30 tonight. so ive been trying to waste time without going to lourve (just dont really want to hey?) since then. slept in the really spacious (almost like handicapped toilet spacious) for an hour and bit till the attendants started screaming monsieur. ive only got 5 hours to waste now. oh and ive been sick since i got here. despite all the set backs im nice ive been always playin, always playin.

1 comment:

  1. playboy huh! make sure u save some for us. You know pheobe has a concert in paris i think 16th oct u should send her a mssge, me and ness are going, u should come too! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete